Monday, April 13, 2009

It's been more than a year since the last post

and so much has already happened. A lot still is.

To begin with, Benc is now in Adelaide. His scholarship pushed through and he left for Oz on January 5 this year. He's been there for over four months now, and is actually studying for the first term's final exams. Lessons, homework and midterms were a killer, he says, but he's learning a lot. And enjoying it.

I, on the other hand, have just graduated from my MA course at the University of the Philippines. When Benc left, I dove in and kept myself occupied by finishing my thesis, conducting two scriptwriting classes at the College of Mass Communication and closing a couple of projects. Right now, I am in the middle of submitting my students' final grades, improving a paper that may see publication and waiting for my VISA and passport to be delivered.

The past quarter has been bittersweet. On the one hand, graduating from my course five years later is a great personal achievement for me. It was also a good feeling to be asked to even come back and be a regular faculty member -- and append the title of Professor. Tickeld me pink, hehe. But I also had to move out of our Ortigas apartment three weeks ago, which was home to me and Benc for four years. I miss the place, the convenience, the privacy and most of all simply owning our own space. They were a good four years, and I look forward to having our own home soon, one we won't have to leave. :) I am now bunking with my mom and siblings in Quezon City and it's been all right. It's also a good way to get in some bonding time with the family before I leave.

The countdown: 7 days to go. Well, at least that's according to the date on my plane ticket. I have resolved to keep thinking positive this whole week, in an effort to help the Universe deliver my passport with my VISA on or before Friday. I'm looking forward to finally hopping on a plane and reuniting with my husband. And I know, as soon as I see him, life Down Under will be nothing but sweet!